01. The Situation
PWC had been using an internal sluggish, process, which created redundancies in the work-flow, and siloed valuable knowledge.
- The way in which data was being input had not evolved, it was being entered manually into spreadsheets.
- There was no easy way to share work and transfer knowledge within and between offices.
- Generating reports was time consuming and cumbersome.
- There was no system to easily identify reusable components and best practices from previous work.
02. The Challenge
PWC required delivery of a functioning prototype within 60 days of the RFP. We proposed a solution to bring their VCA tool from a non-secure spreadsheets / local device / non-shared environment to an enterprise level secure / cloud based / any device / collaborative environment.
- Transfer all the work done in manual spreadsheets to spreadsheets created and edited with the cloud based web app
- Ability to share and comment on files with other consultants
- Ability to create new projects from existing projects
- Create a Taxonomy that facilitates identifying previous works to be re-used
- Automatically generate Report
03. The Solution
Intelifaz transformed a time consuming manual process into a global digital collaborative platform for the Value Chain Analysis practice of PWC. The application also includes VCA templates that provide the same calculation and computation capabilities of the spreadsheets that consultants had been using.
Other important characteristics of the delivered system include:
- Secure storage
- Collaboration, Notifications, Sharing with associates
- Re-utilization of total or partial aspects of an already built project
- Facilitate creation of Presentations based on VCA reports
- Data Import, Export to pdf
- Connection to BI tools (e.g. Tableau)
Many features, such as archiving, collaborating and sharing capabilities provide PwC with a true Digital Asset Management system that extend beyond the scope of the Value Chain Analysis project.